Thursday, May 20, 2010

Family Visit to Asia - Part 1

Last week I met my parents and sister in Singapore. I have been feeling a little homesick for the familiar these past few weeks, so I was really excited about getting to spend time with them.

When I arrived at the hotel in Singapore, they were already waiting in the hotel lobby in eager anticipation of my arrival with big, smiling faces. It felt so good just to be able to give them big hugs and catch up face to face. We spent the next four days touring around city including the night safari, the zoo, the botanical gardens, downtown, the MegaZip zip line (for those of you who have been watching this season of Amazing Race), Santosa Island and Little India.

In addition to all of the sights, Singapore also has some amazing food options, including lots and lots of Western places I have been crazing since I arrived in Vietnam. It is amazing how much you appreciate something when you no longer have the option to obtain it. I can tell you that I really, really appreciated my Starbucks java chip frappacino, yummy burger and fries at Hardrock and Chili's chips and salsa and quesadila explosion salad (my mouth is actually watering thinking about it now!)

Singapore has been a place I have wanted to visit for a long time and it didn't disappoint. The city was truly fascinating with its blend of people from a variety of different Asian cultures, the incredible modernness of the city set up, the cleanness of the surroundings ( no trash anywhere!) and the beauty of the architecture and the natural backdrops.












No comments:

Post a Comment