Friday, February 26, 2010

Home for the Next Year

The other VSO volunteer and I recently moved into our new home for the next year. We are extremely fortunate in that the other volunteer's line manager owns the house we are renting and she gave us a great deal. Otherwise, there is no way we would be able to afford the very nice house we are living in on our volunteer allowances!

The house is three stories with three bedrooms and four bathrooms. It is very spacious and open, complete with several balconies that offer a nice view of the neighborhood. It is situated in a quiet residential area so it is nice and peaceful. At the same time though, it is fairly close to the center of town which makes getting around fairly easy. Plus, one of my new friends lives just across the street, so I have designated him our house handyman :)

The only downside is that our home is too far for my roommate and I to cycle to our respective workplaces each day, especially during the summer months. So, we each decided to invest in electric bicycles (very similar to motorbikes, but they run on a battery and you do not need a license) as we felt it was worth it to live in such a nice facility. I will write more about my adventures thus far on my bike soon, as that is another story altogether :)

Needless to say, we feel very blessed with our accommodation.

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! You finally updated. :) Sarah, what an amazing house! I'm so excited for you. I really wish I could come visit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah - it is exciting to read about your adventure and see your incredible house. I am very happy for you!

    By the way, Nautique won two ADDY's for the 2010 brochure you helped create. Needless to say we are excited about that and are grateful for your work on it!

    Glad things are going well for you!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara -- I wish you could come visit, too! The door is always open if you decide to do so :)

    Bill -- Thanks for your comments. I am so glad to here that Nautique won two ADDY's. That is very exciting! I hope everything else is going well at Nautique.

    ReplyDelete