Sunday, February 28, 2010

Making New Friends

I feel very fortunate in that I have been able to make some great friends here in the short time since I have been in Hue -- and I continue to meet more and more people each week! The only problem is that most of them want to practice their English which means that my Vietnamese is not improving as quickly as I would like. Nevertheless though, I feel blessed by these new friendships as I am never in want for something to do and I am truly getting to experience the Vietnamese culture.

Below are some recent photos of myself and some of my new friends here:


On the way to a soccer match

Visiting a pagoda

Learning how to make Vietnamese spring rolls

Dancing!

My translator and I

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're having a blast. I can't believe you've been gone two months already! We miss you, but I'm glad you get to have such a great life experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stacey, yes I am having a lot of fun experiencing Vietnamese life. I just wish I could have my family and friends along for the ride!

    I hope final wedding details are going smoothly -- please post LOTS of pictures so I can feel like I am there in some sense. I'll be thinking of you from Vietnam on your special day :)

    ReplyDelete