Sunday, April 18, 2010

Blessings in the Storm

Have you ever had one of those weeks in which case a lot of things seemed to go wrong, one thing after another, kind of like a snowball effect? Well, I am just wrapping up one of those weeks and am very happy to be coming out of the tail end of the storm rather than just beginning it.

Last Friday night, I had the unfortunate experience of having several of my electric devices taken from my home. I was very upset and disturbed by the occurence, but man, God is so good. He knew just what I needed during this particular tragedy and provided me with the support, friendships, resources and strength I needed at just the right time. I cannot begin to tell you how thankful I am for the incredible people I have in my life here who reached out to support me during the police visits, helping me search for another place to life, etc, etc.

Then a few days later, I caught a bad flu virus (probably from the lack of sleep and maximum stress) and God stepped right in again to provide me with the support I needed to get through the situation in the form of wonderful friends. My friends brought me meals, took me to the doctor, provided me with flowers, and the list goes on and on.

While I am certainly not glad that any of these unfortunate situations occurred, I am thankful that God used this opportunity to remind me yet again that He is sovreign, in control and will provide for my every need.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! So glad you are feeling better - we were very worried about you. I'm sorry about the things you lost, but hope and trust that all will work out in the end. I love reading your blogs - you should write a book about this year. You are so articulate! And last, but not least, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I know I'm a day early, but you are probably asleep right now and hopefully will get this message on your birthday. Hope your day is wonderful in every way. I love you. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, you are so sweet and supportive. I am glad to here that you find my blogs interesting. Sometimes I think I just ramble on :) I hope everything is going well with you all in Tennessee. Love you.

    ReplyDelete