Sunday, April 4, 2010

International Fireworks Festival

Last weekend I traveled to the industrial city of Da Nang with some friends for the international fireworks festival. While there I had the opportunity to experience the major sights of the town including the beach and the city's famous pagoda as well as an array of restaurants. The firework displays were pretty cool as it was a competition and we were able to see the presentations of Vietnam, Japan and Portugal on Saturday night (with most of the other residents of Da Nang and the surrounding areas!).

It was nice to see a new Vietnamese city, but my visit to Da Nang definitely made me appreciate the beautiful city of Hue, my home for the next ten months, with its peaceful feeling and delicious variety of foods.

Below are some picture highlights from the trip:









No comments:

Post a Comment