Tuesday, January 12, 2010

First Day In Vietnam!

I just arrived in Vietnam late last night after two LONG days of traveling. While I am still very tired and recovering from the long journey, I absolutely love it here so far! The people are so friendly and hospitable and the city of Hanoi is so alive and beautiful -- I cannot wait to go exploring!

I will be based here in Hanoi, the capital city, for the next three weeks as I complete my training at the Vietnam VSO office. We went to visit the Vietnam museum this afternoon which was a very neat and fascinating history lesson and are going to dinner with other VSO volunteers based in Hanoi this evening.

Before are a few photos I have taken so far:


View from the hotel restaurant at breakfast


Vietnam museum we visited today


My roommate in Hanoi and I at the museum


View from my hotel window

I will post more soon!

4 comments:

  1. How Fun Sarah! So I'm guessing facebook doesn't work over there huh? I love the pink shirt and I love you!! Oh yeah, this is Beck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah!! I'm so glad you're there safely. :) The pictures are beautiful. I'm really excited for you. Keep the updates coming...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful! Thinking about you so much, and looking forward to hearing more about your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the comments. It is nice to get some feedback on these blog posts, especially since I don't have access to Facebook here.

    Love you, guys!

    ReplyDelete